Monday 27 August 2012

Fathers Day Wish

Every year I am asked what I would like for Father's day, and every year I give the same response. I just like to be able to spend the day watching sport and hope that the teams I barrack for have a win on the day. The only thing about this request is that it is not much different from any other Sunday afternoon, although I do get to escape from cooking the Sunday meal.

This Sunday I would like to have been able to watch Petro play his final game at Lang Park but as we know Channel 9 have ensured that Brisbane have not been granted a Sunday game as usual. Instead I will be watching the North Queensland Cowboys head into the finals with a thumping win over the Cronulla Sharks and set themselves up as the dangerous team in the eight. Unfortunately the 9 network missed a marketing opportunity here. With Brisbane playing a home game on Sunday, the stadium would have been sold out to send off Petro and the TV audience would have been huge with plenty of southerners tuning in hoping that Brisbane lose and get knocked out of the eight. And with Phil Gould's Panthers the opposition I am surprised that they are not featuring. 

One can't have everything though and all the fathers that support North Queensland will be very happy along with many other Queenslanders when the Sharks get a sound beating. All in all I do hope that all fathers out there enjoy the day with their children as that is what the day is actually about. 

1 comment:

  1. Special Mention to Torkona's Blog:

    http://torkona.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/fathers-day-giveaway-from.html

    ReplyDelete