Monday 12 September 2011

Weekend wrap

What a weekend of sport. 

Firstly I want to kick off by saying how great the Broncos were in the demolishing of a team that most people had beating them. 
 Jack Reed scores another great try (Rookie of the year for me)

Maybe some of the pundits down south might actually start mentioning the Broncs in who they think will be in the final.  OldwoManly showed yet again how much they love to whinge on the field and were parochially followed by a pitifully low crowd in the showing against the Cowboys.  The Cowboys played ordinary but Manly can't count on the opposition being so ordinary next game.  I didn't get to watch the Melbourne game but the result was no surprise.  Next week I have Brisbane easily putting away St George and the Warriors to bounce back and show the Tigers what a forward pack is.

The Rugby World Cup is under way and what I have noticed is how shockingly bad the refs have been.  All the minnows have really gotten a good deal so far except for the Tongans who found out what Latitude the Kiwis are going to enjoy on home soil, the USA didn't get any favours either.  Italy did well to hold Australia with many dubious calls and a ref who seemed to think his whistle needed to be blown everytime he exhaled.  Might be a few upsets coming in the next few games.


Cricket is under way and seeing as I am not playing this summer I will become more of a tragic this summer.  Great to see Marsh get a patient and well deserved ton on debut.  Australia has been missing a player who realises that there are 5 days to a test match not 20 overs each.  Many a critic/former player wrote off the Aussies on this tour so I wonder how many of them will come out and say completely the opposite later in the season.

There was plenty of other sport to mention but I can't talk too much about Liverpool and their first loss of the season and not much else took my notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment