Sunday 25 September 2011

Weekend Wrap

What a weekend of talking points. 

As already mentioned the Broncos were knocked out by Manly.  I won't go over the issues in that game again as I may start using words of which are not family friendly.  In the other game the Warriors deserved their win over the much rated Manly.  All month everyone has been saying it would be a Manly v Melbourne Final.  Not quite.  The Warriors once again showed that they can account for Melbourne and had no trouble in doing so.  Melbourne just didn't seem to be able to spark and maybe if they spent as much time in practicing their ball skills as they did wrestling they would be in the final.

The biggest news for me out of the games was that there are no suspensions.  Williams has a clean record and will be able to play i he pleads guilty.  Fair enough.  But Matei who has one of the worst records in the NRL at the moment supposedly doesn't even have a case to answer.  This I find hard to believe.  If Melbourne had won I wonder if Beau Champion would have gotten off so easily.  Looks like the NRL has made sure that Manly get every opportunity to win the Final for a Sydney team this year. Lets hope the Warriors wipe the arrogance of the Sea-eagles next weekend.


On bigger news Liverpool are back in the winning circles and the superstar Luis Suarez was on the scorers sheet again.  If Suarez can keep injury free this will be a big year for him.  And on the Liverpool note I can proudly say that there is now a touch of Liverpool in the pool room. 

The World Cup is kicking on and the Aussies had a big win over the USA.  Not to sure about the details but look for a detailed reports on the Rugby World Cup from my sideline reporter Johnnyjojoshabadoo on his blog.  Guaranteed he is as passionate as I and does not hold back on his opinions either.
Hot off the press while writing this Argentina have knocked off Scotland 13-12.  This is great for Rugby.  Scotland might no be struggling to get to the next stage.

AFL also had a couple of games.  I proudly go for the Lions but this year the AFL has really lost me.  Going to take a lot to gt me interested next year any where near what I was in the past.

To come will be a forecast of the NRL Final.

As always, keep reading, pass on, and inform of any sporting stories that warrant reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment