Sunday 27 November 2011

Weekend Wrap

A big weekend in sport and lots of talking points, some of which I have already covered but either way here is how I have seen the weekend.

Atomic Force Back In Action

I have mentioned it before and I will say it again.  This is a champion horse and one that should be backed everytime it races.  Race 3 at Canterbury saw Atomic Force racing at good odds and not considered favourite.  Which was good for me and anyone else that put a wager on this horse.  As per usual it hit the straight and brought it home like all followers of this horse know.  If you managed to get a wager on after reading my past posts, well done.  And to those few that get a text from me to advise it is running, my pleasure. 

Cutting In The Test Squad

Ben Cutting has been rewarded with selection in the Test Squad so let's hope he is given the opportunity to shine at the Gabba.  Still amazes me that for Australia A  he was not given an opportunity to open the bowling in either innings or even considered as first change bowler.  Definitely some favouritism given to others from the Australian A captain.  Either way another Queensland quick in the mix to reaplace a wayward one that is out for the season by the looks of things.  Since heading west things have not gone well for Johnson.  Lets just hope the selectors do the right thing and make him play a good season of first class cricket before ever seleceting him again.

Roar 36 and Still Marching

Already mention the Roars great record breaking effort but it is worth another mention.  And to all the doubters, it is 36 games without defeat, like it or not the Roar have the record and the team that they beat, Eastern Suburbs also had draws in their run.  As you can tell I am sick of the AFL and NRL fans trying to finds reasons to belittle this achievement. With the Roar going so well it will be interesting to see what happens from here.  I always enjoy talking sport with my father and he is more knowledgeable than most I know and he has raised an interesting issue.  How long will it be before an European, or other foreign club for that, makes an offer for the Coach Ange Postecoglou?  Besides Nichols how many more Roar players will be targeted.  It is no wonder Ange wants a marquee player for his roster, he is making sue of the future as well as the present.


Lots of other sport has occurred but not much that makes for interesting debate or rated on my radar.  For me it is a matter of seeing if Liverpool can take advantage of results going their way and defeating Man City tonight to get closer to a top 4 spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment